We may change this policy and will update this page when we do so. It is important that you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes we have made. This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate. Please keep us informed of any changes.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Identity Data – name and job title.
- Contact Data – address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data – payment details to and from you.
- Technical Data – IP address, browser type and version, operating system and platformand other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data – information about how you use our website, products and services.In addition to any information you have provided to us, we may also obtain personal data for marketing purposes. This will only be collected from relevant data readily available in the public domain and includes company websites, referrals from existing clients, social media e.g. Linked In
How we collect your personal data
We collect information in two possible ways:
• when you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”). You may give us your identity/contact data by filling in forms or by correspondence with us by post, phone or email. This includes personal data you provide when you ask us to provide our services, submit an enquiry from our website, request marketing material be sent to you or apply for employment.
• when you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”). Depending on the settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and leave our website. We encourage you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we use your personal data
- We need the information that we gather primarily to enable us to perform our services to you and to understand your needs and provide you with the service you have requested. We require identity/contact data in order to be able to invoice for the service we have provided.
- We may use your personal data to manage our relationship with you, including notifying you about changes to our Policies/Terms and Conditions, marketing and communications in order to keep our records updated.
- We may use data analytics to improve our website, marketing and customer relationships in order to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy and grow our business.
We work to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. It is important for us to attract new clients as well as managing our existing clients and therefore we have a legitimate interest in marketing our services to both existing and potential clients.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
How long do we keep your data for?
RMA Environmental Limited will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you or for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
RMA Environmental Limited will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the enquiry form, to anyone.
Controlling your personal information
You have multiple rights under data protection law with regard to how we process your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
You have the:
Right to be informed
Right of access
• You have the right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Right to request erasure
• You may ask us to delete or remove personal data where this is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to object or withdraw consent to processing
• You have the right to object to processing of your personal data where it is based on our legitimate interests where you feel that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to our use of personal data relating to you in connection with our direct marketing with a view to attracting you as a client. Where we are processing personal data about you with your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
Right to restrict processing
• You can ask us to block or suppress the processing of your personal data for certain reasons. We will still be permitted to keep your information but to ensure that we do not use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
• You can request a copy of your personal data to be sent to you or to a third party.
If you would like to contact us to discuss any concerns you have with the way in which we are collecting or using your personal data, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Write to us at: RMA Environmental Limited, Suite 4, Swallow Court, Devonshire Gate, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 7EJ.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concerns, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk)